Vital-CLEAR Skin Workout (Mandelic Acid Peel)
Vita-CLEAR Skin Workout involves a Mandelic Acid Peel, which is a Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) found in its natural form in bitter almonds, to eliminate dead, dry skin cells, unclog your pores and stimulate your natural skin rejuvenation cycle. It also helps to counteract excess oil production – a contributor that leads to acne and redness. This skin workout also contains the potent antioxidant – Clove Oil – to help with inflammation and facial redness, as well as Niacinamide, an anti-ageing ingredient. Your skin is left refreshed and revitalised.
- Combat the blotchiness of hyperpigmentation
- Minimise the appearance of melasma
- Reduce finelines and wrinkles
- Unclog pores, remove dead and dry skin cells
- Reduce excess oil production
- Antibacterial effect on skin
Ideal Number of Sessions
Mandelic Acid Peels are best delivered in a course of 6 treatments. These are recommended fortnightly over a 12 week period and combined with the appropriate home care to deliver maximum benefit. Follow up peels are recommended as required.
Where Can Be Treated:
Recommended Skin Type
It is suitable for use on most skin types, and is safe for women during pregnancy – be sure to consult a skin technician about your suitability for any peel, especially if you have been on medication.
What does it feel like?
During the treatment itself, you may feel a slight tingling, but no pain. This type of treatment has a minimal physical peeling effect but this doesn't mean it's not working hard for you. Rather than producing a lot of physical peeling, Mandelic Acid encourages the skin's own regenerative functions.
- Reaction history to salicylates (aspirin) or citrus intolerance
- Herpes simplex (cold sores )
- Eczema or dermatitis
- Skin cancer
- Cancer or radiation therapy
- Roacutane (as a guide, medication must have been discontinued double the length of time of duration of oral treatment )
- Recent facial surgery
- Open wound of any kind
Pre-treatment care and precautions
- Those allergic to pineapple or vitamin A should avoid this treatment.
- Avoid taking Roaccutane for twice the duration of the treatment sought prior to the procedure.
- Avoid unprotected ultraviolet ray exposure (such as from the sun) for a minimum of 4 weeks before your treatment, as well as throughout the duration of your treatments.
- Apply broad-spectrum sun protection of at least SPF 30+ (UVB/UVA) daily.
- Prepare your skin for treatments and enhancing their results by using exfoliating skincare products recommended by your dermal therapist.
- Refrain from using prescription vitamin A supplements or strong over-the- counter retinols at least 5 days prior to your treatment (unless advised otherwise).
- Continue to take anti-viral medication prior to treatment if you have a history of herpes or cold sores to proactively prevent an onset caused by the procedure.
- Any areas treatment with muscle relaxants must be completely healed before the treatment may be performed. This means that no swelling, bruising, discomfort, or redness may be present on the skin prior to treatment.
- Refrain from causing unnecessary trauma to the skin, such as from waxing, during the healing phase of the treatment.
If you have any concerns pertaining to lifestyle or medication changes during your treatment, please contact the clinic. This will help us provide you with the best possible treatment outcome.
- Immediately after treatment, some redness may occur.
- Mild flaking could occur a few days after treatment depending on skin type.
- Refrain from using perfumed moisturisers and lotions, as well as those that contain active ingredients such as retinols, glycolic acids, and vitamin C. However, do moisturise during the healing phase with unscented products until your skin is no longer sensitive, followed by a prescribed skincare regime.
- Apply broad-spectrum sun protection of at least SPF 30+ (UVB/UVA) daily, and avoid unnecessary sun exposure.
- Minimise contact with water for 4 to 6 hours after your chemical peel.
- Avoid exercise or other activities that produce heat for 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid contact with chlorinated water for 24 to 48 hours.
- Refrain from picking or pulling at crusting skin as it may cause infections that result in scarring.
- Refrain from waxing or any other forms of unnecessary trauma to the skin during the healing phase.
Should you sense any cause for concern, please contact the clinic immediately for further post-treatment care instructions.