Radiance Plus (Ultra Brightening Accelerator Treatment)
Contains a powerful blend of 8 skin brightening agents and skin exfoliating ingredients. The ingredients in the Ultra Brightening Accelerator Mask work to rapidly break down melanin within the skin and accelerate the removal of hyperpigmentation. It also contains an optimal blend of highly effective exfoliating ingredients (AHAs and BHA). This unique mask treatment has been developed specifically for use within the treatment room to work in conjunction with a home care program. It has shown to visibly diminish mild to advanced pigmentation and helps minimise future skin discolouration. This is an ideal complement to a course of peels or an alternative to a peel for clients seeking a different treatment option which offers less downtime.
- Restores radiance & luminosity
- Improves hyperpigmentation
- Refine skin texture
- Help minimise future skin discolouration
Ideal Number of Sessions
For best results a minimum of 4 treatments is recommended fortnightly in conjunction with a full homecare program
Where Can Be Treated:
What does it feel like?
During treatment the client will experience ‘flushing’ (rapid onset of feeling of heat), this demonstrates actives are penetrating through the skin. Following this treatment skin will appear pink / red in colour as though this skin is sunburnt. Slight inflammation will also be present but will subside within 10 minutes to half an hour following the treatment.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Reaction history to salicylates (aspirin) or citrus intolerance
- Herpes simplex (cold sores )
- Eczema or dermatitis
- Skin cancer
- Cancer or radiation therapy
- Roacutane (as a guide, medication must have been discontinued double the length of time of duration of oral treatment )
- Recent facial surgery
- Open wound of any kind
Pre-treatment care and precautions
- Those allergic to pineapple or vitamin A should avoid this treatment.
- Avoid taking Roaccutane for twice the duration of the treatment sought prior to the procedure.
- Avoid unprotected ultraviolet ray exposure (such as from the sun) for a minimum of 4 weeks before your treatment, as well as throughout the duration of your treatments.
- Apply broad-spectrum sun protection of at least SPF 30+ (UVB/UVA) daily.
- Prepare your skin for treatments and enhancing their results by using exfoliating skincare products recommended by your dermal therapist.
- Refrain from using prescription vitamin A supplements or strong over-the- counter retinols at least 5 days prior to your treatment (unless advised otherwise).
- Continue to take anti-viral medication prior to treatment if you have a history of herpes or cold sores to proactively prevent an onset caused by the procedure.
- Any areas treatment with muscle relaxants must be completely healed before the treatment may be performed. This means that no swelling, bruising, discomfort, or redness may be present on the skin prior to treatment.
- Refrain from causing unnecessary trauma to the skin, such as from waxing, during the healing phase of the treatment.
If you have any concerns pertaining to lifestyle or medication changes during your treatment, please contact the clinic. This will help us provide you with the best possible treatment outcome.
- Immediately after treatment, some redness may occur.
- Mild flaking could occur a few days after treatment depending on skin type.
- Refrain from using perfumed moisturisers and lotions, as well as those that contain active ingredients such as retinols, glycolic acids, and vitamin C. However, do moisturise during the healing phase with unscented products until your skin is no longer sensitive, followed by a prescribed skincare regime.
- Apply broad-spectrum sun protection of at least SPF 30+ (UVB/UVA) daily, and avoid unnecessary sun exposure.
- Minimise contact with water for 4 to 6 hours after your chemical peel.
- Avoid exercise or other activities that produce heat for 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid contact with chlorinated water for 24 to 48 hours.
- Refrain from picking or pulling at crusting skin as it may cause infections that result in scarring.
- Refrain from waxing or any other forms of unnecessary trauma to the skin during the healing phase.
Should you sense any cause for concern, please contact the clinic immediately for further post-treatment care instructions.