The Jessner Peel is a medium depth chemical peel idea for ageing or sun damaged skin, this potent peel features high-strength AHAs & BHA. This skin brightening treatment works to rapidly exfoliate surface congestion while diminishing the appearance of dark spots, hyperpigmentation and blotchiness to reveal a brighter and clearer complexion. Jessner Peel is also great for those with acne, thick skin, moderate wrinkles, and oily skin. Because Jessner peel contain salicyclic acid which penetrate into the deeper layer of skin to decrease oil production and also open up the clogged sebaceous follicles. This can be use in all skin type.
- Resurfaces thickened and daily skin
- Shrinks pores
- Exfoliate upper skin layer for better product absorption
- Removes blackheads
- Treats acne prone skin and in-grown hairs
Ideal Number of Sessions
The number of sessions is flexible, but approximately 2 to 6 peels are recommended depending on skin type. The existing skin condition, peel strength, and desired outcome will also affect the number of treatments.
What does it feel like?
The solution is applied to the skin. More than one layer of the mixture may be applied depending on how severe the skin that is being treated is. For most, 2 to 5 coats will be applied. Slightly stinging sensation may be felt. The treated area will be blown with cool air during procedure which will help in alleviating the stinging. A white frost will appear on the skin, but will disappear within a few hours.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Reaction history to salicylates (aspirin) or citrus intolerance
- Herpes simplex (cold sores )
- Eczema or dermatitis
- Skin cancer
- Cancer or radiation therapy
- Roacutane (as a guide, medication must have been discontinued double the length of time of duration of oral treatment )
- Recent facial surgery
- Open wound of any kind
Pre-treatment care and precaution
- Avoid unprotected ultraviolet ray exposure (such as from the sun) for a minimum of 4 weeks before your treatment, as well as throughout the duration of your treatments.
- Apply broad-spectrum sun protection of at least SPF 30+ (UVB/UVA) daily.
- Prepare your skin for treatments and enhancing their results by using exfoliating skincare products recommended by your dermal therapist.
- Refrain from using prescription vitamin A supplements or strong over-the- counter retinols at least 5 days prior to your treatment (unless advised otherwise).
- Continue to take anti-viral medication prior to treatment if you have a history of herpes or cold sores to proactively prevent an onset caused by the procedure.
- Any areas treatment with muscle relaxants must be completely healed before the treatment may be performed. This means that no swelling, bruising, discomfort, or redness may be present on the skin prior to treatment.
- Refrain from causing unnecessary trauma to the skin, such as from waxing, during the healing phase of the treatment.
If you have any concerns pertaining to lifestyle or medication changes during your treatment, please contact the clinic. This will help us provide you with the best possible treatment outcome.
- The skin will get increasingly dry and tight immediately after treatment, causing redness and sensitivity.
- The skin may also begin shedding as it exfoliates, leaving behind darkened patches of skin that will eventually shed as well.
- Refrain from using perfumed moisturisers and lotions, as well as those that contain active ingredients such as retinols, glycolic acids, and vitamin C. However, do moisturise during the healing phase with unscented products until your skin is no longer sensitive, followed by a prescribed skincare regime.
- Apply broad-spectrum sun protection of at least SPF 30+ (UVB/UVA) daily, and avoid unnecessary sun exposure.
- Minimise contact with water for 4 to 6 hours after your chemical peel.
- Avoid exercise or other activities that produce heat for 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid contact with chlorinated water for 24 to 48 hours.
- Refrain from picking or pulling at crusting skin as it may cause infections that result in scarring.
- Refrain from waxing or any other forms of unnecessary trauma to the skin during the healing phase.
Should you sense any cause for concern, please contact the clinic immediately for further post-treatment care instructions.