A-Zyme Skin Workout (A-Zyme Peel)
The A-Zyme Skin Workout utilises Retinol, one of the most effective anti-ageing ingredients available, combined with Bromelain, a potent anti-inflammatory. The power house of all anti-ageing treatments, this fast-acting, non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment has been carefully formulated to combat the effects of ageing and UV damage, as well as improve the appearance of fine lines, skin tone and texture. In addition, the A-Zyme Peel can also be a good solution for those with acne by managing our skin's oil levels and reducing the build up of dead skin cells.
- Retexturises the skin
- Hydrates and refreshes skin for firmer and plumper appearance
- Exfoliate upper skin layer for better product absorption.
- Restores radiance to the complexion
- Help increase fibroblast growth and collagen synthesis
Ideal Number of Sessions
We recommend a total of 6 sessions, spread over 12 weeks, for best effect. This will act to refresh, refine, and hydrate the skin intensely. Fewer sessions may be required depending on skin type, and maintenance peels at 2 to 3 month intervals are recommended after the desired result is achieved.
What does it feel like?
The A-zyme peel is designed to be a painless, comfortable experience to our clients.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Reaction history to salicylates (aspirin) or citrus intolerance
- Herpes simplex (cold sores )
- Eczema or dermatitis
- Skin cancer
- Cancer or radiation therapy
- Roacutane (as a guide, medication must have been discontinued double the length of time of duration of oral treatment )
- Recent facial surgery
- Open wound of any kind
Pre-treatment care and precautions
- Those allergic to pineapple or vitamin A should avoid this treatment.
- Avoid taking Roaccutane for twice the duration of the treatment sought prior to the procedure.
- Avoid unprotected ultraviolet ray exposure (such as from the sun) for a minimum of 4 weeks before your treatment, as well as throughout the duration of your treatments.
- Apply broad-spectrum sun protection of at least SPF 30+ (UVB/UVA) daily.
- Prepare your skin for treatments and enhancing their results by using exfoliating skincare products recommended by your dermal therapist.
- Refrain from using prescription vitamin A supplements or strong over-the- counter retinols at least 5 days prior to your treatment (unless advised otherwise).
- Continue to take anti-viral medication prior to treatment if you have a history of herpes or cold sores to proactively prevent an onset caused by the procedure.
- Any areas treatment with muscle relaxants must be completely healed before the treatment may be performed. This means that no swelling, bruising, discomfort, or redness may be present on the skin prior to treatment.
- Refrain from causing unnecessary trauma to the skin, such as from waxing, during the healing phase of the treatment.
If you have any concerns pertaining to lifestyle or medication changes during your treatment, please contact the clinic. This will help us provide you with the best possible treatment outcome.
- Immediately after treatment, some redness may occur.
- Mild flaking could occur a few days after treatment depending on skin type.
- Refrain from using perfumed moisturisers and lotions, as well as those that contain active ingredients such as retinols, glycolic acids, and vitamin C. However, do moisturise during the healing phase with unscented products until your skin is no longer sensitive, followed by a prescribed skincare regime.
- Apply broad-spectrum sun protection of at least SPF 30+ (UVB/UVA) daily, and avoid unnecessary sun exposure.
- Minimise contact with water for 4 to 6 hours after your chemical peel.
- Avoid exercise or other activities that produce heat for 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid contact with chlorinated water for 24 to 48 hours.
- Refrain from picking or pulling at crusting skin as it may cause infections that result in scarring.
- Refrain from waxing or any other forms of unnecessary trauma to the skin during the healing phase.
Should you sense any cause for concern, please contact the clinic immediately for further post-treatment care instructions.