Are You Bothered by Unwanted Pigment or Age Spots?
Surprisingly, it is the pigmentation on our face that make us look older; more so than wrinkles do. But worry not, Discovery PICO is able to treat your freckles, sun spots, age spots, and birthmarks. Nothing makes you feel better than seeing a fresher and younger looking you!
PICO Laser is Effective For Removing:
How PICO Laser Works
Laser treatment is widely regarded as being the most effective method to treat pigmentation. A laser exposes the skin to intense light that penetrates the skin to break up the pigmentation particles, ultimately leading to pigmentation fading. The body’s immune system will then remove these pigments over time. The laser energy is harmless, and only targets the pigmented skin, leaving surrounding skin unharmed.
How Many Treatments?
Treatments will generally consist of 1 to 3 Sessions*.
*The number of sessions may increase depending on the type of benign pigmented lesions.
Pre-Treatment Care and Precaution
- Do not wear any makeup on the day of treatment.
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved on the day of treatment.
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to pigment, vascular or hair removal treatment (this includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, direct sun exposure, etc ).
- Always wear 30+ sun protections prior to and during any course of laser treatment.
- Avoid treatments that irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories etc). Muscle relaxants and filler need to be complete healed before the treatment can be performed.
- Inform us with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
- A history of cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment.
- Refrain from using any form of Vitamin A or retinols at least 5 days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure and use broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Bruising, redness and swelling may occur and will resolve with time
- Avoid heat – hot showers and tubs, saunas, sweating with exercise for 1-2 days
- Avoid skin irritants (products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl, peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents) for a few days post treatment.
- Avoid contact with chlorinated water for 24-48 hours.
- Do NOT pick or exfoliate the scabbing or crusting skin as it may cause infection or further trauma.
- Refrain from any other treatments to the treated area during the healing period.
- Notify us immediately if you have any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling).