Laser toning treatments can effectively correct sun spots, acne scars, melasma and other conditions that affect the skin’s pigmentation, whether they’re at the surface or deep in the dermal layers. This gentle laser promotes skin rejuvenation without damaging the surface of skin. This treatment also helps to improve uneven skin tone, dull skin and the appearance of pores.
- Reduce pigmentation
- Reduce pore size
- Brightening and plumping the skin
- Minimal to no downtime
Ideal Number of Sessions
The ideal recommend session is 3-5 sessions with 2-4 weeks apart. To maintain skin condition, continue session is recommended.
Pre-treatment care and precautions
- Do not wear any makeup on the day of treatment.
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved on the day of treatment.
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to pigment, vascular or hair removal treatment (this includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, direct sun exposure, etc ).
- Always wear 30+ sun protections prior to and during any course of laser treatment.
- Avoid treatments that irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories etc). Muscle relaxants and filler need to be complete healed before the treatment can be performed.
- Inform us with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
- A history of cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment.
- Refrain from using any form of Vitamin A or retinols at least 5 days prior to your treatment.
If you have any concerns pertaining to lifestyle or medication changes during your treatment, please contact the clinic. This will help us provide you with the best possible treatment outcome.
- Avoid sun exposure and use broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Bruising, redness and swelling may occur and will resolve with time
- Avoid heat – hot showers and tubs, saunas, sweating with exercise for 1-2 days
- Avoid skin irritants (products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl, peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents) for a few days post treatment.
- Avoid contact with chlorinated water for 24-48 hours.
- Do NOT pick or exfoliate the scabbing or crusting skin as it may cause infection or further trauma.
- Refrain from any other treatments to the treated area during the healing period.
- Notify us immediately if you have any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling).
Should you sense any cause for concern, please contact the clinic immediately for further post-treatment care instructions.