In ASC Skin & Laser, our Discovery PICO’s fractionated laser treatment take advantage of two different laser actions including the creation of collagen remodeling and the ablation of damaged skin through picosecond “cold” ablation.
What is Fractional laser?
Fractionated Laser is a non-ablative (targets the deeper layer of skin, not the skin’s surface) quick and effective laser treatment to address acne scarring, pigmentation, sun damage, lines and wrinkles, and improving the overall appearance of your skin.
This treatment is comfortable, quick and gets maximum results with minimal downtime. After the treatment, patients gradually notice the improvements in their skin weeks and months following the treatment. Your treatment will begin with a thorough skin analysis with our dermal clinicians, who will assess your skin, discuss your desired result and advise the best treatment plan for you.
Expecting Skin Changes After This Treatment
Day 1-2 : Clients generally experiencing redness, swelling and skin sensitivity.
Day 3-5: treated area will appear dullness and coffee-grain like shedding for about 3 days.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve acne scaring
- Reduce enlarge pore size
- Overall rejuvenation for plump, firm skin
Ideal Number of Sessions
Number of treatments will vary from patient to patient. 2-3 sessions are recommended to obtain optimal result, however results can be seen just after one session
Pre-treatment care and precautions
- Do not wear any makeup on the day of treatment.
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved on the day of treatment.
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to pigment, vascular or hair removal treatment (this includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, direct sun exposure, etc ).
- Always wear 30+ sun protections prior to and during any course of laser treatment.
- Avoid treatments that irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories etc). Muscle relaxants and filler need to be complete healed before the treatment can be performed.
- Inform us with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
- A history of cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment.
- Refrain from using any form of Vitamin A or retinols at least 5 days prior to your treatment.
If you have any concerns pertaining to lifestyle or medication changes during your treatment, please contact the clinic. This will help us provide you with the best possible treatment outcome.
- Avoid sun exposure and use broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Bruising, redness and swelling may occur and will resolve with time
- Avoid heat – hot showers and tubs, saunas, sweating with exercise for 1-2 days
- Avoid skin irritants (products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl, peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents) for a few days post treatment.
- Avoid contact with chlorinated water for 24-48 hours.
- Do NOT pick or exfoliate the scabbing or crusting skin as it may cause infection or further trauma.
- Refrain from any other treatments to the treated area during the healing period.
- Notify us immediately if you have any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling).
Should you sense any cause for concern, please contact the clinic immediately for further post-treatment care instructions.